- ‘Funding for NABCO not a problem’ – Oppong Nkrumah
- US asks Turkey for Saudi journalist ‘murder’ tape
- Akufo-Addo’s free SHS, double track is Ghana’s major blessing – Mike Hammah
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
NDC annuls Greater Accra regional women and youth election results
Less than 24-hours after the declaration of the Greater Accra National Democratic Congress, NDC Regional executive election, the NDC’s National Executive committee has annulled the results of the Deputy Women Organizer and Deputy Youth organizer.
A letter authored by Kofi Adams to the Regional Chairman on the annulment said there were some breaches during the electioneering process.
MyNewsGh sources confirmed that delegates were supposed to vote for one person, not two as happened.
The letter titled “Annulment of elections results- greater Accra regional deputy youth and deputy women’s organizers’ elections” listed the sections of the NDC constitution and bye-laws which were violated that called for the annulment of the election.
“The attention of the functional executive committee (FEC) of the NDC has been drawn to serious breaches of the regulations issued to govern the conduct of Elections at the Youth and Women’s CONFERENCES of the party.” The letter said.
“Under clause 14 (ii) it is provided as follows: – for purposes of voting for regional vice chairman, deputy youth organizer and deputy women’s organizer, each voter shall be entitled to vote for one contestant in the election”.
For whatever reason, this provision was ignored at the two conferences and a different method of voting for two contestants on a ballot paper was adopted in complete contravention of clause 14 (ii)” It added.
The letter continued, “Consequently, FEC has annulled the elections of the deputy regional youth and deputy regional women’s organizers positions held on Wednesday, 29th August, 2018 at the Providence Event Centre, Trade Fair.”
The letter asked all should take note for compliance” while assuring that a “new date for the elections will be announced later”.