- Second Deputy BoG Governor resigns
- Water and milk thrown at Mourinho in Old Trafford tunnel row
- Diddy tops list of highest-earning musicians for 2017
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Messi demands Higuain recalled by Argentina for World Cup
Lionel Messi has demanded for Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain to be recalled by Super Eagles World Cup rivals Argentina for Russia 2018 because he is “one of the best strikers in the world”.
Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli has overlooked Higuain since a 1-0 win over Brazil in June, meaning he has missed his country’s last seven matches.
But Argentina skipper Messi said the former Real Madrid star has quality and his time away from the country’s team has done him some world of good.
“He is one of the best strikers in the world,” messi told TyC.
“He has to be there (Russia 2018) because he is an important player.
“I think the time he was away from the team did him some good as he now sees things differently from my discussions with him.”
Higuain has scored 11 goals in 21 matches for Juventus this season.