- Second Deputy BoG Governor resigns
- Water and milk thrown at Mourinho in Old Trafford tunnel row
- Diddy tops list of highest-earning musicians for 2017
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
N/R: Two feared dead, scores injured as gunmen invade Kalampor
At least two people are feared dead and scores injured in Wednesday dawn raid by unknown gunmen on the Kalampor community in the East Gonja district of the Northern region.
The exchanges which begun at 4am occurred when the gunmen invaded the community and started shooting indiscriminately at people including Muslims preparing for morning prayers.
The Northern regional Police PRO ASP ASP Mohammed Yussif Tanko has confirmed the incident.
A resident, Mumuni, who spoke to Starr News’ Northern regional correspondent Eliasu Tanko said he was fleeing the area to Salaga with his wounded colleague.
He said several people were shot and at least two are dead.
According to him, the gunmen secretly entered the community and targeted the chief’s palace.
The cause of the attack has been linked to the long standing chieftaincy dispute between the communities.The attack comes as the Kalampor chief who is not recognized by the paramount Kafabar chief was also preparing to celebrate the Damba festival.
When contacted by Starr News, the DCE for the area said he was dealing with “a meeting”.
Last year, gunmen also raided the Kafabar community and opened fire on spectators and merrymakers killing four and injuring more than eight others.