- Second Deputy BoG Governor resigns
- Water and milk thrown at Mourinho in Old Trafford tunnel row
- Diddy tops list of highest-earning musicians for 2017
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
WAEC releases 2017 NOV-DEC results, withholds that of over 1,800 candidates
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of candidates who sat for the 2017 private WASSCE but has withheld some 1,873 results for alleged malpractices.
The sub-regional examination body says the 117,306 candidates whose results have been released can assess them via WAEC’s official website from Friday morning.
The statement from the Council also says investigations have commenced to substantiate the veracity of the allegations surrounding the 1,873 withheld results.
WAEC has also cautioned candidates to beware of fraudsters who pose as WAEC officials and promise to change their results for them at a fee payable through various means like Mobile Money.
Authorities at WAEC are also assuring the public that steps have been taken this time around to secure their database as such there cannot be a forgery of results, that all forged results can be detected by confirmation and a verification system.
It is also advising organizations and institutions to confirm and verify results presented to them directly from the council.