- KIA terminal 3 floods after Monday rains
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% – not 7.6% – in 2019 – EIU
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Driver’s mate jailed 15 years for robbery
A 19-year-old driver’s mate, who attacked and robbed a trader of her cash and valuables at knife-point, has been sentenced to 15 years imprisonment in hard labour by the Juaso Circuit Court.
Kofi Yeboah pleaded guilty and asked that the court dealt leniently with him because he was forced to commit the crime by economic hardship.
Police Detective, Chief Inspector Birikorang Peasah, told the court, presided over by Mr. Yusif Assibey that, the incident happened at Juansa on October 18, 2017.
The victim, Ms. Felecia Owusu, had closed from her shop and was on her way to the house at about 2230 hours, when the convict suddenly emerged from nowhere, drew a knife and forcibly seized a handbag she was carrying.
It contained cash of GH¢ 1,050.00, Nokia phone, flashlight and a pair of ladies purse and Yeboah fled with it.
Ms. Owusu, who took a good look at her attacker, identified him to the police and he was arrested.