- Anas receives $11,000 journalism excellence award in India
- ‘UEFA panel needs sacking!’ – Bale baffled by Goal of the Season snub
- Group condemns ‘worrying’ Audit Service turf war
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Video: D’banj reveals how much he signed Davido in 2014
Nigerian singer, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, also known as D’banj, has disclosed that he once signed Davido to his record label with a Rolex watch in 2014.
D’banj claimed that after signing Davido, the artiste’s father begged him to allow “my boy to go to school.”
In an interview with Spindle Magazine, D’banj said, “I remember in 2014 when I went back to Nigeria, some young boy who used to work for me brought an artiste to me and said he wanted me to sign the artiste. I remember we gave the artiste a Rolex as a signing-on fee.
“I signed the artiste and then I got a call later on and they said the parents of the artiste wanted to meet with me, so I went and they said ‘please I want my boy to go to school’.
“And to look at today that the boy I’m talking about is one of the biggest artistes out of this generation, which is Davido. Today, I’m sure he can give Rolexes to many people.”
When asked what he would like to have as his enduring legacy, he said, “Whatever I do is to make sure that the brand that stands for visible hope, which is D’banj, is alive”.
Watch video below: