- On Free SHS: Let’s not misunderstand Ken Ofori-Atta
- TTH Attack: Police release arrested Kandahar Boys
- Lawyer encourages youth to plant more trees to protect lives
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Gov’t releases GH₵10m for completion of University of Ghana stadium
Deputy Sports Minister Pius Enam Hadzide has said government is committed to fulfilling their promise of completing the University of Ghana stadium.
He revealed to Joy Sports that a whopping 10 million Ghana cedis have been released for the completion of the 30,000 capacity structure.
Construction of the multi-million dollar stadium was started in 2004 by CONSAR Limited under the administration of former President John Agyekum Kuffuor.
“As I speak to you now a lot of equipment have been locked in the stores for over 8 years and so his Excellency the president, the then candidate Akufo-Addo promised he was not going to continue with this wastage, where governments abandon projects that were started by other governments”.
“We are committed to continuing work on the University of Ghana stadium and completing it .We have gone on site, inspected the extent of work, and have asked the AESL to access what needs to be done .They have submitted their reports and we have taken the steps to raise an initial GH₵ 10,000,000 so that we can proceed with work on the University stadium.”
The stadium if completed will be one of the venues for 2018 African Women’s Championship to be hosted by Ghana.