- Deal with vigilantes in your gov’t before turning to us – Asiedu Nketia
- Christian Atsu: ‘Sometimes what’s happened to me seems like a miracle’
- Three pupils injured, 87 escape in school building collapse
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Mel B’s totally see-through jumpsuit will make you do a double take
Melanie Brown, also known as Mel B, seriously suited up for Tuesday’s live show of America’s Got Talent. It was a big night and it called for a big look, and celebrity designer Rocky Gathercole delivered with a sheer, bespangled, body-covering jumpsuit.
Before attending to her judging duties, the former Spice Girl stepped onto the red carpet in a look that seemingly channeled Mystique from X-Men, but with a few trendy twists.
In a marvel of fashion engineering, the suit started high on her neck and encased her feet and hands. Mel kept things appropriate for primetime television thanks to the careful placement of gems on the entirely sheer fabric, yet she still got to show off her abs and even a tattoo on her torso.
“I’ve kind of dived into a bit of see-through stuff before, but today I was feeling the blue superhero vibes,” she said to Entertainment Tonight. “I’m like a girly girl. I like to do dress-up.” Mel completed the look with a simple side-swiped hairstyle and barely there makeup.
Gathercole’s work has appeared on the red carpet before on celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Nicki Minaj, and Jennifer Lopez, three women who’ve embraced the sheer dress and jumpsuit trend in the past. The looks are often so showstopping that clients tend to save them for stage performances and fashion shows — Gathercole even designed Britney Spears’s ensembles for all her Las Vegas Piece of Me residency billboards.
Brown wore this one-piece just a day after Kim Kardashian opted for something similar.
If the old adage holds true that “three’s a trend,” who’s going to step up next?