- NDC opposes naming of UDS campus after late C.K Tedam
- I have been sleeping with my father for 4 years – 24-year-old lady confesses
- Barbados requests 375 Ghanaian nurse- President accepts in principle
- Schools warned against poorly lit classrooms that can cause poor vision epidemic
- Stonebwoy to perform at 2017 BET Experience Main Stage
- MTN presents cash prizes to Heroes of Change Season III winners
- China ready to support Ghana’s economic transformation – Chinese VP
- Portions of Asamankese-Akwatia highway bad
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu makes historic visit to Techiman
- Stop illicit financial flows to raise more revenue – Lawyer
Two in court for splashing nude pictures of an actress on the internet
A beautician who out of jealousy splashed her boyfriend’s ex-girl friend nude pictures on the internet has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
Chantel Nunekpeku and her boyfriend Kayode Kalode a music producer are said to have photo-shopped the complainant pictures and placed same on somebody’s nude pictures.
They have been variously charged with an offence relating to Obscenity, domestic violence, emotional and psychological trauma.
They have pleaded not guilty and are currently on bail in the sum of GH¢10,000.00 with two sureties to reappear on September 5.
Defense Counsel, Mr. Andy K Vortia at the commencement of the trial on Tuesday objected to tendering of the document from the complainant.
According to defense counsel, the document did not have dates on them and one could not tell the source of the documents.
Prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Agnes Boafo, therefore, prayed for a date to put their house in order.
ASP Boafo said Destina Tata resides at Awoshie in Accra whiles accused persons are in an amorous relationship and they were residing at Sowutuom, a suburb of Accra.
The prosecutor told the court that the complainant was the ex-girlfriend of Kalode.
According to a prosecution, on January 23, this year, Chantel took the pictures of the complainant which she uploaded from social media and photo shopped them with somebody’s nude picture and created the impression that the pictures were that of the complainant.
The prosecution said the pictures were them posted on Instagram and attached the complainant’s name to the pictures which went viral.
The act, according to the prosecutor caused the complainant emotional and psychological trauma thereby undermining her integrity, privacy, dignity and her worth as a human being.
According to a prosecution, the complainant reported the case to the Police and accused persons were arrested.
During interrogation, Chantel admitted sending photo shopped nude pictures of the complainant on to social media and that she did that out of jealousy.